In Your Oven
- If you are baking your pizza within an hour of picking it up, you do not need to refrigerate. Otherwise, place in the fridge until you are ready to bake your pizza.
- If your pizza has been refrigerated, you will want to let it sit out for 20-30 minutes while your oven heats up.
- Pre-heat your oven to 425 degrees.
- Remove the clear film from your pizza and place the pizza and the baking tray on the middle rack of your oven.
- Check after 8 minutes to see how it is progressing.
- Average baking time is between 12-18 minutes depending on the size, amount of toppings, preference, and your oven.
- The pizza is done when the cheese is bubbling and slightly brown and the crust is an even golden brown on the top and bottom.
- If you like your pizza crispier, you can slide the pizza off the special baking tray for the last couple of minutes and finish on the bare oven rack.
- When completed, let the pizza cool for 2-3 minutes. This will actually help achieve a crispier crust, rather than a soft crust.
Baking Instructions – On the Grill!
Yes! You can grill your TJs Take and Bake Pizza.
A few important things to remember:
- Do not let the baking tray come in to contact with a direct flame.
- If you check the pizza more than once or twice during the cooking process it will not adversely affect the finished product, but it could extend the cooking time beyond what you may be used to with your oven.
Now, Let’s Grill! (Instructions assume a gas grill.)
- If you want to use charcoal make sure to cook the coals down till they are covered in ash and glowing red with no high reaching flames.
- Preheat your grill to 450 degrees. You will lose heat when you initially place the pizza on the grill. Do not worry, this is not too hot for the tray.
- Place the pizza and the tray it is built on directly on the grill out of reach of any possible flame. If you have multiple burners, turn off the middle burner and just leave the two outside burners on.
- Check your pizza after 6-7 minutes just to see how it is progressing.
- Average time is about the same. If it is your first time you may want to check it every 3-4 minutes to ensure nothing is scorching or burning the pizza. This may extend cooking time but not a great deal.
- The pizza is ready when the cheese is bubbly and the crust is a nice golden brown on the top and bottom. If there are some charred areas of the crust that is OK. (They are delicious!)
- For the ultimate grilled pizza, slide the pizza off the baking tray directly onto the grilling rack for 1-2 minutes with the lid off just to sear the bottom and to enhance the finished crust.
- Let cool before cooking for 2-3 minutes and enjoy your new favorite way to enjoy TJs Take and Bake Pizza!